The purpose of this course is for the members of the Scout Section to train and develop their leadership skills, particularly as they apply to their possible role as a PL within the Troop. The Basic Scout Leadership Course has been designed for Scouts who have just completed their Pioneer Badge (or close to it) and wish to learn more about becoming a Leader.
To be eligible to attend this course and benefit from the training, a Scout should:
· be at least eleven and a half years of age;
· attained their Pioneer Level in the Award Scheme (or close to completion).
· consulted their Troop Council;
· display an attitude that they are doing their best to keep the Scout Promise and Law;
· be willing to participate fully in the course program;
· have endorsement of the Troop Council and Scout Leader;
· have a Scout Leader willing to attend the weekend with them.
-Scouts will be camping outside the Scout Hall, so tent, sleeping bag, pillow, camp clothes for the weekend, full uniform, personal hygiene gear, towel and mess kits.
Other equipment required is pens note book/paper,1 or 2 newspapers, and a great attitude.
No thongs or sandals permitted. Please bring a hat and sunscreen.
Places are limited and it is expected that Leaders attend with Scouts.
Leaders will be assisting on the course and in the kitchen
Cost is $75 for Scouts and $35 for Leaders.
Once you have submitted your registration, an invoice (summary sheet) will be generated with instructions on how to pay for this event. The following payment options will be available to you:
EFT and Online